Thursday 16 February 2017

Three New TV Shows I Can't Wait to Watch!

So many TV shows, so little time!

I've tried to cut down on checking out new TV shows - I really have. Since September I've only checked out two new shows* - This is Us and The Crown - and thankfully both were hits. Even better, both have been renewed. I've been there before with those one season wonders (Vanished, Six Degrees, Flash Forward) and I'm determined not to get bitten again. For that reason, I'm a big fan of limited series. I watch it, it's done, I move on. There's no anxious wait for renewal, no unresolved plot line to ponder, and best of all, no predictable descent into mediocrity round about season four or five. Limited series and anthology series are, for me, all round winners.

Here are three upcoming series I can't wait to check out!





The first series of FEUD, Ryan Murphy's (American Horror Story, American Crime Story) latest anthology series, centers on the rivalry between screen legends Bette Davis and Joan Crawford on the set of "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?" This promises to be a whole lot of fun - and it's got a stellar cast: Jessica Lange, Susan Sarandon, Stanley Tucci, Kathy Bates and Sarah Paulson are all attached. 

Feud premieres March 5th on FX.


*****





Based on the Philippa Gregory book of the same name, The White Princess tells the story of Elizabeth of York and her marriage to the Lancaster victor, Henry VII, following the death of Richard III. I really enjoyed The White Queen when it was shown a couple of years back, and the trailer for this one looks great too. I've also just started reading The White Princess in anticipation of this show. I can never watch the movie (or TV show in this case) without first having read the book!

The White Princess premieres April 16th on Starz.

Suggested accompaniments: The White Queen by Philippa Gregory, The White Princess by Philippa Gregory.


*****





Little Lies by Liane Moriarty, a darkly comic book with unsettling undertones, provides the inspiration for this series, which has a total A-List cast. Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman and Shailene Woodley star in this tale of domestic disturbia with a wicked twist. I read the book that this is based on a few months back, and while I enjoyed it, I guessed all the twists along the way, so I'd love if this adaptation threw a few surprises into the mix!

Big Little Lies premieres February 19th on HBO.

Suggested accompaniments: Little Lies by Liane Moriarty.





* I also checked out Kiefer Sutherland's new show Designated Survivor, but two episode in that wasn't working out for me, so I dropped it.  Harsh, but with so many TV shows, that's just the way it has to be. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats