Monday 6 June 2016

Five Books to Add to Your Summer Holiday Reading List (Adult Fiction)

Continuing my round-up of Summer Reading Recommendations, here's some Adult Fiction that you really need to check out sometime soon. 

I have a tendency to pump for twisty thrillers set in exotic locations when it comes to my summer reading, but I've tried to mix it up a little here by including a bunch of different genres and settings. 

Hope you enjoy!

*****




LOVE the premise of this one. A tight-knit group of friends, living in Brooklyn, find that their bond is tested when their kids start sleeping together, and secrets from their past rise up again. Sounds full of drama, right? I'm really looking forward to reading it.  The cover illustration is by Leah Reena Goren (whose work I love!) Check out more of her work: here.


When is this available? It's out now!
Click to read the Synopsis.

*****




I think I may have found THE perfect summer read. The Invitation by Lucy Foley, with it's exotic locales - Rome, Cannes, The Italian Riviera - and storyline of star-crossed love, secrets and tragedy, definitely sounds like one for the beach! I have an inkling that this one will appeal to fans of Liza Klaussmann and Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter.


When is this available? August 2nd in the US || July 14th in the UK.
Click to read the Synopsis.


*****




Probably my most anticipated book OF THE YEAR, I See You is the second book from Clare Mackintosh, author of I Let You Go. Have I told you how much I loved I Let You Go? Pretty sure I have. If you want to see my full review of that piece of twisty brilliance GO HERE. I See You promises to be another unputdownable read. It's already getting some great reviews on Goodreads.

When is this available? July 28th.

*****




Set in California, in the summer of 1969, The Girls, which is inspired by the Manson Family cult, is garnering rave reviews just about everywhere. It's blurbed by none other than Lena Dunham, who describes the book as one which will: "break your heart and blow your mind". And it's next up on my TBR, once I get done with the 500+ page tome that is The Unexpected Everything.


When is this available? June 14th in the US || June 16th in the UK.
Click to read the Synopsis.


*****




 I've already read and raved about this one, so you can just GO HERE to read my review. tl;dr: It's a twisty,  tightly-plotted thriller that you definitely want to read, but not if you are going on a cruise.


When is this available? It's out now!
Click to read the Synopsis. 

*****

Is there a bonus book? Of course there's a bonus book!





The blurb reads: "From the acclaimed author of The Bones of You comes a haunting and heartbreaking new psychological thriller about a man thrust into the middle of a murder investigation, forced to confront the secrets of his ex-lover's past." Sounds good, right?   I still haven't gotten around to reading Debbie Howells debut, the bestselling Bones of You, but I have a copy ordered and I'll be sticking it on my TBR as soon as it arrives.  Have you read The Bones of You? I've heard very good things!


When is this available?  July 26th in the US || July 14th in the UK.

****


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats